Scheduler - REPORTS TO: Gastroenterology Clinic Nurse and Physicians.
DEFINITION OF POSITION: Responsible for scheduling s. Function cooperatively with physicians and staff exhibiting teamwork characteristics.
- High school graduate.
- Able to read, write, and communicate.
- Displays a primary interest in giving good patient care and maintaining standards of courtesy and friendliness to co-workers.
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Able to comply with patient confidentiality and integrity policy on all matters.
- Schedule outpatient testing with facility depend upon patient insurance.
- Notify patients of testing appointment dates, times, location of test and instructions prior to testing.
- Fax signed orders to facility of scheduled testing.
- Send scheduled orders to Precert Specialist for prior authorization.
- Schedule immediate orders requested by physicians in clinic or procedures.
- Schedule referral consults requested by physicians.
- Notify patients of referral appointment dates, times, and locations.
- Send requested medical information to referred office.
- Schedule physician’s requested procedures at hospital.
- Notify patients of procedure dates, arrival times, and instructions prior to procedures at hospital.
- Fax signed orders and patient information to procedure nurse at hospital.
- Verify procedures with nurse prior to scheduled procedures.