Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a clinical institution.. typical functions: The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
- Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
- Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
- Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
- Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
- Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
- Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
- Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
- Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
- Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
- Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
- Other Duties as assigned.